
So, me and my boyfriend went into the cinema (after having paid £10 each to get in- ouch), put on our glasses (very cool) and sat back to enjoy the film. Whilst I really wanted to be able to come out of the cinema and say that I was blown away by the 3D effect, and that I had literally jumped out of my seat at least once because it looked so real, unfortunately this wasn't the case. After the initial excitement at seeing something in 3D, which was an advert for another 3D film whose release is imminent, I can honestly say that I think the film would have been just as enjoyable in 2D- had it not been for the small details throughout the film which made paying the extra £5 each worth it. For example, the effect of water in 3D was really good. The bit which I appreciated the most (as sad as this will seem) was the dust particles which were seen in the air in the background as the light shone through it- the attention to detail displayed here made it worth seeing, so it wasn't just a bunch of cartoons bouncing around right in front of my face. I also enjoyed the 'The End' scene (which implies that I was looking forward to the end, which I wasn't, I just liked the scene) where confetti and the 'The End' sign really did look as if they were out of the screen, so much so that I had to stop myself reaching out to grab it.
All in all, even though I wasn't blown away by the general action in 3D, it was made worth paying for by the small details which I hadn't anticipated.
(The storyline for anyone who is interested: an inventor creates a machine which can turn water into food. The machine gets inadvertently sent into the sky, where it uses the water from clouds to rain food. Whilst this is originally celebrated, a mutation in the machine causes mayhem, which the inventor is then forced to fix. Oh, and theres also a bit of a love interest for the hapless inventor too.)
No comments:
Post a Comment