Monday, 5 October 2009
Tate Britain- Turner Prize nominees unveiled
An exhibition showing the work of 2009's Turner Prize nominees opens to the public tomorrow at Tate Britain. Not being able to go and have a look, I went on the Tate website to have a look at their work, and I'm significantly more interested by the work this year than I have been in previous years. I particularly like the work by nominee Roger Hiorns, who produced an installation work in a derelict flat in South London. For this work, he filled the flat with copper sulphate, which (after time was allowed for chemical reactions to take place) covered each surface within the flat in bright blue crystals. This creates a very surreal installation, which is both aesthetically pleasing yet slightly disorientating and confusing. I also like his use of such unusual materials and the effect that it has on the audience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment